Chilled Eggplant and Sun-dried Tomato Salad
- 1 large eggplant, sliced into 1" thick pieces
- 4 ounces sun dried tomatoes in olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups wild arugula, washed and spun dry
- ¼ red onion, sliced thinly
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Place eggplant on wire rack and cook 10-15 minutes flipping every few minutes and keeping a close eye to prevent charring (will be on the crisp side).
- Remove from oven and let sit until cool enough to handle.
- Place tomato (if using sun-dried; if using fresh, wait until right before serving to add), basil and oil in food processor.
- Whiz until coarsely chopped.
- Place in glass or ceramic bowl and stir eggplant in and cover tightly.
- Chill overnight; remove from refrigerator 10 - 15 minutes before serving on top of arugula, with onion on top of that as a starter or add your favorite protein to create a full meal.