- 1 large or 2 small peaches, chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 large yellow tomato, chopped
- ¾ cup blueberries
- 1 cup purple cabbage, chopped
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 8 cups of spinach or mixed greens
- Asian marinated flank steak and Green Goddess dressing for serving
- Toss it all together, or just throw the toppings on top of you greens.
- Top with flank steak (recipe bellow), and serve with Green Goddess dressing (recipe below)
ASIAN MARINATED FLANK STEAK
- 1 pound of flank steak
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp honey
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all the marinade ingredients, and put in a large freezer bag.
- Score the steak with ¼ inch deep cuts about an inch apart, across the grain of the meat, then place in the freezer bag and coat the steak with marinade. Seal the bag, place it in a bowl, and chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours, or up to overnight.
- Remove the steak, sprinkle generously on both sides with coarse sea salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Grill the steak for 4-6 minutes on each side on a hot grill, or broil in the oven on high for 4-6 minutes per side
- Remove the steak from the grill/oven, place on a cutting board and cover with aluminum foil to rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice thinly, against the grain and as a slight diagonal to make wider slices.
GREEN GODDESS DRESSING
- ½ of a large avocado
- ¼ cup loosely packed cilantro
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ½ inch cube of fresh ginger
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp apple cider or white wine vinegar
- 3-4 Tbsp water, or enough to thin it out
- Put all the ingredients minus the water into a food processor, or use an immersion blender to blend it until smooth
- Add water 1-2 Tablespoons at a time until you get a pourable consistency.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper