Sweet Potato Breakfast Casserole
2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 cups almond milk, unsweetened
1 cup coconut flakes
2 medium bananas
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
1 tablespoon maple syrup
2 tablespoons almond flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add the sweet potatoes. Simmer for 5-6 minutes, until tender.
- Drain the sweet potatoes and set aside. Return the pot to the stove and add the milk and coconut.
- Bring to a boil, turn the heat down to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Turn off heat, and add the sweet potatoes and bananas to the pot. Mash lightly, and stir in maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt.
- Transfer mixture to a square baking pan or casserole dish.
- To make the topping, mix the ingredients in a bowl until well combined. Sprinkle over the top of the casserole.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until top is browned. Allow to cool slightly and serve warm.