Vegan Corn Chowder
1 head Cauliflower (chopped into florets and divided)
3 florets Coconut Oil
1 White onion (diced)
5 Garlic cloves, minced
3 Carrots (chopped)
3 Celery stalks (chopped)
3 florets Sea Salt
1 tsp Paprika
1 tsp Onion Powder
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Cumin
1/4 tsp Thyme
1 tsp Oregano
3 cups Frozen corn (divided)
1. On the stove, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Drop in half your cauliflower florets and let cook for 5 to 6 minutes (or until tender when pierced with a fork). (Note: You can also steam the cauliflower until tender.)
2. Meanwhile, melt coconut oil in a separate large pot over medium-high heat. Add the remaining half of the cauliflower, onion, garlic, carrot, celery, salt, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, thyme and oregano. Cook until veggies are softened, about 10-15 minutes.
3. Add boiled (or steamed) cauliflower to a blender with half the amount of corn and all of the coconut milk and water. Blend into a thick puree.
4. Add cauliflower mixture and remaining half of the corn to the sautéed vegetables. Bring to a gentle boil and cook until veggies are soft, about 10-20 minutes.
5. Add additional salt and spices to taste. Divide into bowls and enjoy!
For more protein you can add quinoa, edamame or chickpeas
For more greens: Just before serving, stir in chopped spinach
If you don't have coconut milk you can use almond milk
Top with chopped green onions or avocado